The following are no longer allowed during a writing session:
2. Worrying about the quality of your work
3. Obsessing over the odds for getting your work published
4. Wondering what others will think of your writing
5. Deciding that writing is a colossal waste of your time, because, really, what do you have to show for it?
6. Having impossibly high expectations
7. Getting distracted (no, you do NOT need to check your email)
8. Worrying about what a failure you are and how this is not going to be the project to change that
9. Thinking about whether or not you are following "the rules"
10. Giving up, then going to do something else
Any guesses how my early-morning writing session went this morning? Um, right. Wasn't pretty. How about you? What is on your list of Things No Longer Allowed in Writing Sessions?