Everything Is Perfect

I awoke at 2:45 A last night (this morning, actually).

I lay there for a few minutes, wide awake.

I tried not to panic about not sleeping.  Because, the worst thing about not sleeping is the panic about it.  My mind scrolled through what I had to do today and how bad it would be if I didn't sleep.  What I'd have to endure in a groggy state.

It wasn't a crazy busy day, being a Saturday, but I had a lot of things I wanted to get done.

So I started to panic about being awake.

And then a soft voice said inside my brain, everything is perfect.

I listened.  And agreed.  Everything was perfect.  My achy knee that hurts at night.  The extra bit of wine I drank at dinner.  The work I was worrying about getting done.  The stress and anxiety and all the joyful moments of the week.

Everything is perfect.

And it was.

Proof?  I got up and wrote 2,000 words on one of my novels.

There's no better indication to me that all is right with the world.

, ,

8 Responses to Everything Is Perfect

1. Melissa Marsh 10/05/2013 at 19:49 #

I love those moments of perfection. I had one tonight, actually. After dealing with being sick for the past two weeks (I have mono), and not being able to write or do much of anything, I wrote a scene tonight in my novel that was just too, too delicious. Being able to get back into the novel, despite still being under the weather, was a perfect moment for me. :) I’m glad you had a perfect moment, as well. These are the moments that make life worth living.

2. Charlotte Dixon 10/05/2013 at 20:08 #

Oh Melissa I'm so happy for you! And I hope that mono abates soon! I'm sure it's not fun.

Sent from my iPhone

3. Zan Marie 10/06/2013 at 03:20 #

Wow! Now I need some of that “everything is perfect” feeling. I’m up early and have a loaded morning. Maybe this afternoon I’ll get that lovely feeling.

4. Charlotte Dixon 10/06/2013 at 06:34 #

Well, I find over and over and over and over again that I get that “everything is perfect” feeling when I get up and write first thing in the morning. I’m not sure where it came from in the middle of the night, but I’m glad it happened because I’m convinced its what drove me to write. I hope your day goes smoothly!

5. Sandra Pawula 10/06/2013 at 23:00 #

That’s a perfect mantra for evoking relaxation and ease!

6. Charlotte Dixon 10/07/2013 at 06:24 #

I actually have found myself repeating it over and over the last couple of days!

7. Don Williams 10/07/2013 at 19:38 #

I know the feeling. My doctor told me simply not to worry about it, because if your awake, but still relaxed, you’ll still get most of the benefit as you would if you were actually sleeping, so why worry….. be happy!

8. Charlotte Dixon 10/07/2013 at 19:40 #

I love that, Don! What we resist persists, including lack of sleep!

Sent from my iPhone