Cultivate Your Creative Seeds: Goose the Muse and Gather Goals to Generate Writing Success in 2012
Having lots of ideas for writing is great, but what if you haven’t mastered the goal setting that will get them written?
Conversely, wanting to write but not knowing what to write about can be frustrating as all get-out.
But guess what? I have the solution: Announcing a new class to get you ready to write in 2012!
Cultivate Your Creative Seeds is a two-session teleclass running in December that will cover idea gathering and goal setting. Specifically:
Session One: Goose the Muse, December 6, 2011
Generate all the ideas you could ever want or need for your writing, plus how to corral them so they don’t drive you crazy. We’ll cover:
- Techniques for never running out of ideas
- Tips for deciding which idea to focus on
- Avoiding idea overwhelm (otherwise known as Bright Shiny Object Syndrome)
- The care and tending of ideas
- Exercises to garner ideas in your daily life
- Idea generation for an in-process project
Session Two: The Other G-Word, December 13, 2011
Goal setting for writers and other creative types, or why discipline is not a dirty word. This session will cover:
- Carving out time to write
- Creating energy to write (equally important!)
- Creative, non-threatening goal setting
- Creating a writing schedule that works for you
- Tending your creative seeds in a way that gets projects finished
By the end of the two sessions, you’ll have a clear focus for your writing in the new year. You’ll have ideas aplenty for creative projects and (this is a huge and) you’ll know how to create time and energy in which to get them done.
Be ready to start the new year right! Sign up today. I’m keeping the cost of this very low so that you can set yourself up for success in 2012.
Classes will be held on Tuesday evening, 5 PM Pacific/6 PM Mountain/7PM Central/8PM Eastern, December 6, and December 13. All classes will be recorded so if you can’t make it live, you can listen to the recording. You’ll also receive handouts with tips and exercises to put to use immediately.
Upon signing up for the class, you’ll receive an email from me that will contain details of the call-in number and access code for the class.
Only $47 for two-session class!