Promptitude: Departing for Another World

A friend wrote and told me she seems to be surrounded with people who are having their own personal earthquakes and tsunamis.  I, appparently am no different.  So if you are not in the mood for a short, downer post, click away now.  I'll forgive you.

I was going to do a prompt this week around journal writing, specifically, something to do with writing your way back to yourself.

But right now I'm sitting with a dying pug.  My poor sweet Ally's health problems are overwhelming her and she's got a foot in each world right now.  I'm just happy I got to have her for a few months.  And that she is having a peaceful, loving death.

Here's the prompt of the week, snitched from the book of prompts that I'm creating:

And then we came to the end.

Send a little prayer for the safe passage of my beloved writing companion, would you please?

10 Responses to Promptitude: Departing for Another World

1. Patrick Ross 03/12/2011 at 12:27 #

Charlotte, I’m so sorry to learn of your pug Ally, at least your companion has you as a companion in these final hours.

2. Lauri 03/12/2011 at 14:18 #

I’m so sorry about your Ally. It’s one of those times when words just fail. Be gentle and kind yourself.

3. David Paine 03/12/2011 at 15:48 #

Prayer said.

4. Charlotte Dixon 03/12/2011 at 16:18 #

Hi you guys, All your sweet responses bring tears to my eyes. Ally died peacefully with both of us in attendance this afternoon. She had a very easy passing. When I took her body to the vet to be cremated, the vet tech said he had cried when he heard the news, too–I have great vets! I will miss my little Missus, as I called her. But her older brother (13!) is still with us.

5. Trisha 03/13/2011 at 01:32 #

So sorry to hear about your puggy! I know how horrible it is to lose a pet – I’ve been there a few times, and with animals i had most of my life. Hope she goes peacefully and painlessly.

6. Ann 03/13/2011 at 07:30 #

Oh my heart does go out to you. It is hard to loose a loved one. Take care.

7. nani[ 03/13/2011 at 09:42 #

I’m so sorry to hear about your dear dog, Charlotte. I know that I’ll soon be traveling that path with my elderly greyhound, Em-Dash, who is not well. The bond we share with our dear heart dog is like no other and the loss is a big one. I hope Ally’s passage is a gentle one.

8. Charlotte Dixon 03/13/2011 at 10:20 #

Trisha, Ann, and Nani, Thank you all so much for your comments. It is amazing how much kind words truly help. The house is quiet today–despite the fact we still have an elderly pug and two cats here–and it makes me realize how much our little Ally was the heart of our home.

9. Deidre 03/18/2011 at 18:36 #

I’m sorry you lost your Ally. Sweet, little pugs. I’m glad she had a peaceful passing with those she loved.

10. Charlotte Dixon 03/19/2011 at 10:19 #

Thanks, Deidre. She was the sweetest little pug ever and I’m happy I had her for at least a few months.