I got the best horoscope ever this morning. Here it is:
Become independent from the things that are holding you back, without abandoning the reliable things that hold you up.
This seems more like advice for living than a horoscope, and it starting me thinking. First, what are the things that hold me back? Here are a few:
2. Time. Or my perception that I don't have enough.
3. Doubt. All those times I lose my nerve….
4. Guilt. A useless emotion.
5. Hesitancy. Sometimes I dither when I should just do something.
As for those reliable things that prop me up, let's consider:
1. People I love. Ah, friends and family. Love them even when they are pulling me away from my work.
2. Writing. Plain and simple.
3. Time to myself first thing in the morning. I hate, hate, hate when I don't have time to write in my journal, ponder life, think how I want my day to go.
4. Creative hobbies. Like painting, knitting, and quilting. (Okay, I haven't yet actually done that last one, but a friend has promised to teach me.)
5. Walking. I've been walking for years and it is still one of the best ways to spend time I know.
6. Being non-judgmental. I work on this every damn day because I'm not good at it. But I love when I can effect a curious, open attitude instead of snapping to judgment.
I'm sure I've forgotten things from both lists, so I might add to them as I go. What about you? What holds you back? What props you up?