Inspiration Friday: Rocket Photo Works

For this week's inspiration, I feature…my daughter, the talented photographer Ariane Hopman.

She's in the middle of about a million life transitions, including a new marriage, a new home that will soon be a mini-urban farm, and a fabulous new job.  But in her spare time, she's starting a photo business.  Annie graduated from the U of O (Go Ducks!) in photojournalism, and consequently got a post baccalaureate degree in photography from OCAC, where she also worked until recently (ie, last week).

She's inspired me since she was a little girl, and did just as much work raising me as I did raising her, so it seems fitting to feature her this week.  Go check out her site and if you're in the Portland area and need portraits done, give her a call.

Oh, and a tip of the Wordstrumpet hat to anyone who can figure out the relationship between her given name–Ariane (which, by the way, I discovered in a Marge Piercy novel and fell in love with) and the name of her business.

Who inspires you?

, ,

8 Responses to Inspiration Friday: Rocket Photo Works

1. Ledger D'Main 10/16/2010 at 12:01 #

Now how am I suppose to win a tipping hat if the site link doesn’t work? Hmmmmmm?

2. Charlotte Dixon 10/17/2010 at 12:19 #

Hey Ledger, thanks for letting me know. Something is goofy with the site, I went in and corrected all the links, which weren’t wrong in the first place, and they still don’t work. Will investigate further.

3. Christi Corbett 10/18/2010 at 07:07 #

Your daughter sounds amazing! I love it when people immerse themselves in life :)

I can’t figure out the connection so no tip of the hat for me :(

Christi Corbett
    PS. I’ve left an award for you over at my blog today

4. Charlotte Dixon 10/18/2010 at 18:13 #

Oh thank you, Christi! I will post my response to the award in a day or so. Its a good one, because it asks a thoughtful question. Oh, and I’ll wait a bit and see if anyone else comments on the connection and then reveal it.

5. Ledger D'Main 10/19/2010 at 16:48 #

To quote a master of the Sith… “all too easy”
    Ariane is also the name of a French space rocket program, which has a nasty habit of retreating from the edge of darkness…
    Where’s my tipping hat? Does it come with a rabbit inside?

6. Charlotte Dixon 10/19/2010 at 18:02 #

Yes! You are the winner of the tip of the Wordstrumpet hat. You can have any kind of rabbit you like, even a white one.

7. Ledger D'Main 10/19/2010 at 19:20 #

I’ll have to go ask Alice, when I have the time, grin, grin…

8. Charlotte Dixon 10/19/2010 at 21:40 #

That’s why white rabbits are the best.