I posted this under the category of food and drink because that seems appropriate for New Year’s Eve, don’t you think? And even though it is nearly 8 PM and I sitting at my computer writing a blog post, that does not mean I am lame and have no plans for New Year’s Eve. No, we have late dinner reservations, so there.
Since it is the time of New Year’s Resolutions, I am going to post mine for my blog here, in hopes that the threat of public humiliation will make me actually follow through on them:
- Get back to a regular posting schedule. The holidays and the need to spend what rare time I have off from social events on that minor little detail called real work have wreaked havoc with my blog posts.
- Catch up on comments. See above.
- Re-design this blog. My right and left columns are too narrow and they are banners and ads off, which bugs the you-know-what out of me. I’m hiring my friend Suzanne, who designed the Wordstrumpet Banner to do it for me.
- Do more networking on Blog Catalog and the new place I’ve found, Yuwie. I’m lying–I didn’t find it, Derek the Welshman told me about it.
- Check all links and get them all live again. For some inexplicable reason, all the author links now feed right back to this blog. Weird.
- Post photographs. Yes, I now own a digital camera! All I have to do is figure out how to get the photos from the camera to the computer. I know, I know, it isn’t hard, I just haven’t had time to download the software.
- Finish the Make Money Writing Online book. I am really, really, really going to do this.
- Celebrate being a blogger. It has opened up a whole new world to me, introduced me to wonderful new friends, and gotten my some great clients.
So, here’s to a fabulous 2008. Happy New Year, y’all! (I’m going to Nashville in 11 days so I can say that.)