Otherwhere: S*&^ Happens Edition
I started this new blog series a little over a week ago, on Halloween, with the intention to publish a new post every Saturday. And, well, as the title says, s%# happened over the weekend. Like Wordstock, for instance, our local book and author fair (more on that in a post later this week). And the fact that Saturday was a major backyard clean-up day, even though it was pouring down rain. (Let me be clear that I did not have to get my delicate hands dirty. I left the work to my hub and son-in-law, God love them.) But anyway, better late than never, right? And I’ve been diligently gathering links for you all week so here you go:
- For those of you doing Nanowrimo (and those who just want to write a lot) here’s a list of helpful titles (my own included) that you can download for free.
- And if you are doing Nanowrimo, why not get a whole chunk of your 50K words done in one day? My friend Milli runs 10K for Writer days every month. Join in the fun here.
- Here’s a nice post about one writer’s journey to publication. Nicole and are are Twitter friends and she’s a fellow Oregonian.
- A bit of fun from Stephen Pressfield.
- And some insight into nurturing yourself as you write from Janice Hardy.
- Should you write for online markets? Answers here.
- From Kristen Lamb, advice about how fast drafting is actually good for your writing.
- And finally, did you know there’s going to be an American Writer’s Museum?
And, please note, I have learned how to insert photos into posts! Woot woot! This one happens to be by danzo08, from everystockphoto.
ALSO I think we’ve gotten the comments sorted out. So please leave one. And remember, the giveaway for the J.D. Frost novel runs through next week–so you still have time to leave a comment there for a chance to win!
Okay one more thing, I’m still not certain that old blog subscribers got transferred over to the new site–so you might want to check the little subscribe box when you’re leaving a comment.