I'm just off the plane from Manhattan (we got in an hour early–have you ever heard of such a thing?), where I walked so much I went through five pairs of shoes in as many days. Okay, I did buy one pair of adorable purple sandals and wore them all through Chinatown, but considering the number of shoe stores we went in, its a miracle I only came home with one extra pair!
13. The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. Can't wait to start it.
14. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by What's-his-name. For my sister, I already read it.
15. A very small knitting project with demon yarn in pretty colors. Even if it is demonic.
16. My journal. Of course.
17. My computer. Tried my best to envision myself without it, but that didn't happen.
What I'm not taking
18. The biography of Mark Twain I just bought. This is killing me, but I'm trying to learn that I don't need to take five books with me when I leave for six days.
19. My stitching project. Too complicated for travel.
20. Work. Except for that one wee project I might work on while in the air.
Lest you think my absence gives you an excuse not to read my blog, no such luck. I've got posts pre-written and scheduled all week, including a fabulous guest post on Friday. There are also cats involved.