Step Right Up and Take the Survey!

As we start off this wonderful new year (I'm optimistic, aren't I?) I would like to find out more about what you like and dislike about this blog.  I'm curious to know why you read it and what you get out of it, as well as a bit about how your read it.

So, I've designed a survey.  Just click here to take it–it's not long, I promise.

As thanks, once you've taken the survey, come back here and leave a comment.  Next week, before I leave for Nashville, I'll put all the names in a digital hat and draw one, with the winner receiving a free manuscript critique (up to 20 pages).

I really am interested in what you have to say, so have at it.

22 Comments on "Step Right Up and Take the Survey!"

Sean
Sean
08/26/2009 18:24

I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. Igor couldn’t have asked for a better Mom, and it sounds like you couldn’t have asked for a better Igor.

wyo
08/26/2009 20:05

I am very sorry for your loss … it sounds like you were both the better for your time together.

08/26/2009 20:45

It is so moving to me how many messages of condolence and love I’ve gotten–it seems everyone can relate to losing a pet. Thank you all. Igor is smiling down–or more likely snoring up a storm–from wherever he is.

Lynn Jordan--Authors Tools Blog

I’m sure Igor is enjoying his new adventure and impressing everyone with his snoring.

My heart goes out to you at this time.

08/28/2009 21:25

Thanks, Lynn. A friend has offered to record her imitation of a pug snoring so I can use it for my ring tone–I think I’ll take her up on it.

Lauri
09/05/2009 06:50

I was so sorry to read about Igor. We lost our dog a few years ago to old age. I still miss her. The world doesn’t feel quite right without her sometimes. I love how you’ve shared this, and his afterlife presents, and the story of him. He was a lucky dog to have had such a loving family.

Susanne Van Hulst
12/22/2009 13:45

It’s so sad to hear about loosing you lovely dog, Charlotte! I know what that means for you, because I lost a dog too after 16 years full fun and love for each other. The whole family was crying.

12/22/2009 17:02

Thanks, Susanne. I still miss that little guy. He was a wonderful companion for many years and is remembered fondly.

RennyBA's Terella
12/27/2009 13:37

From all of me to all of you: God Jul as we say it in Norway 🙂

12/27/2009 13:58

I hope it was a good Jul for you, Renny!

Jessica
01/05/2010 05:15

Survey done. Don’t know whether my answers were particularly helpful. I haven’t been reading your blog for very long. 🙂

01/05/2010 07:31

Thank you! And it makes no difference how long you’ve been reading it, all answers will be helpful.

Austingirl
01/06/2010 12:29

okie dokie. survey done! But, I wasn’t signed in as anyone. Will I need to redo?

01/06/2010 14:03

Yay, thank you!

No, I made the survey anonymous–mostly because it was my first time using SurveyMonkey and I didn’t know how else to do it–which is why I asked people to come here and comment after they were done.

Thanks so much!

J.D. Frost
01/06/2010 16:33

Complete. The Survey Monkey is off my back. I wish you a successful 2010. jdfrostbooks.com

01/06/2010 18:53

Thanks for dealing with that pesky monkey, J.D.!

Moge
01/07/2010 09:15

I took the survey, thanks for running a contest along with it and Happy New Year!

01/07/2010 11:45

Happy New Year to you, Moge, and thanks for taking the survey!

wyo
01/07/2010 19:43

Done, with one unfortunate omission (will send that via e-mail).

01/07/2010 21:35

Thanks Wyo, and thanks for taking the time to email me with your addition, too.

Suzanne
Suzanne
02/17/2011 08:31

Well my goodness, Charlotte. I just stumbled onto this post and I regret that I was not engaged with WordStrumpet then for some reason and did not send my condolences. What a wonderful tribute you have written. You are so right — a writer needs a dog. Or a cat, or something living and breathing to bounce ideas off of.

02/17/2011 08:47

Ah, thanks Suzanne. I still miss Igor but the two new pugs help. Also the two gigantor cats. Who are actually bigger than the pugs…